Patrick M. Dennis has been involved in the securities industry for over 35 years, most recently as one of the Founding Principals of Oyster Consulting, LLC. Has held CCO positions at broker/dealers, investment advisors and dual registrants.
Previously, Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel to Wachovia Securities, LLC (now Wells Fargo Advisors), or its predecessors. From 1998 to 2003 managed the firm’s most significant securities litigation and arbitration matters. Senior Regulatory Counsel position until 2008. Handled the most high-profile regulatory matters for the firm. Senior Regulatory Counsel to Wachovia’s Investment Advisory line of business.
Began his legal career in 1986 at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Corporation Finance to 1989. Senior Counsel in the SEC’s Division of Enforcement in Washington, D.C. from 1991 to 1996. General Counsel and Corporate Secretary and a member of the senior management team of Banc One Securities Corporation, Bank One Corporation’s bank brokerage firm.
• B.S., Rochester Institute of Technology
• J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
• Member of the Bar: District of Columbia, North Carolina, Virginia (Corporate Counsel) and Wisconsin (inactive)
• FINRA Series 7, Series 24 and Series 66 exams (expired in 2015)
• FINRA Industry Arbitrator
• Member, Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) Compliance & Legal Division
• Member, Association of Securities and Exchange Commission Alumni