Bruce S. Foerster
President, South Beach Capital Markets
18495 South Dixie HIghway, Suite 103
Miami, FL 33157-6817
Work: 305 358 3232
Cell: 305 965 6787
I. Investment Banking
1. Underwritten public offerings: solicitation; due diligence, transparency & disclosure; commitment committee, new issue marketing & suitability committee processes; listing decision; road shows/marketing, pricing & transaction fee negotiation; deal allocation (U.S. institutions, retail, "friends & family", international), first-day trading & post-closing after-market trading, syndicate short positions, covered ("Green Shoe") & uncovered ("naked"), finder's fees, deal expense allocation, 2nd offering timing & makeup (primary v secondary/both), "flipping".
2. IPO Process
3. Venture capital & private equity
4. Private placements
5. Securities research, interaction w/ investment banking & capital markets
6. Securities valuation
7. Going private
8. Investment banking relationship management
9. Strategic Advice re mergers & acquisitions
II. Corporate Governance
1. Public, private, not-for-profit
2. Mutual funds
3. Securities exchanges
4. Fiduciary standard
AB English, Haverford College, 1963.
Commissioned officer, U.S. Navy: 7 years active duty (5 at sea, 2 as admiral's aide), 20 years reserve duty including two unit commands; graduate Naval Officer Candidate School, Naval Destroyer School, Naval War College Reserve Course; Captain, USNR-R (ret.).
MBA Management Information & Control, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance & Commerce, 1971.
46 years experience in primary capital markets / investment banking; 23 years in senior positions of deal leadership (solicitation, structuring, marketing, pricing, distributing, after-market trading), profit & loss responsibility - over 1,250 underwritten public offerings (150+ IPOs) at three global investment banks (Warburg Paribas Becker, PaineWebber, Lehman Brothers). Member new issue marketing committee at all three firms & new issue commitment committee at WPB & PW.
Founding editor (now co-editor) of the “Capital Markets Handbook”, created for securities industry under trade group (SIA, now SIFMA) sponsorship, now in its Sixth Edition, 2019 Supplement. Also expert in due diligence, IPO process, 144A + corporate governance. Deposed, testified, authored expert opinions & consulted in 72 cases. FINRA dispute resolution arbitrator since 1996. Conduct both corporate financial advisory and wealth management advisory businesses.
Lecturer & full-time faculty member in Department of Finance, Insurance & Real Estate at University of Florida, Warrington College of Business Administration, Hough Graduate School of Business - advise & mentor graduate students in Master in Finance Program on career opportunities & business life management skills, lecture on select investment banking topics (i.e., asset management, corporate finance, merchant banking/private equity, mergers & acquisitions, primary capital markets & securities research) & teach course entitled "Capitalism".
Member National Assn Corp Directors & SEC Historical Society Board of Advisors